1. Where exactly is the GTC training located?
Our home facility where we host the majority of our training sessions is Watermarc Banyule, located at 1 Flintoff St Greensborough.
We also host a number of outdoor training sessions at various locations, including:
- Willinda Park Athletics Track, (1 Beatrix St, Montmorency)
- Bundoora Athletics Track(331 McKimmies Rd, Bundoora)
- Aquarena Outdoor Pool (139-153 Williamsons Rd, Templestowe Lower)
- St Kilda & Elwood foreshore
2. Do I need to have triathlon experience or a certain level of fitness to train with GTC?
You do not need to have any triathlon experience or a certain level of fitness to train at GTC. We pride ourselves on catering for members of all ages, abilities and fitness levels. We have members who are many members who have started at our club as complete beginners.
3. Do I need to own a bike, a bike trainer or any other specific training gear such as to train with GTC?
You do not need to own a bike, a bike trainer or any other specific training gear to train with GTC. The majority of our cycle training is performed on spin bikes at Water Marc. We do sometimes host cycle sessions outdoors or on bike trainers (trainers provided by the club) so you may benefit from owning a bike so you can attend more of our sessions.
4. Can I train casually with GTC or do I need to be a member?
If you wish to train casually with GTC, you may purchase a 10-session casual pass instead of subscribing to an all-access membership.
5. Does GTC train all year round?
GTC training is all year round, however we have two annual training breaks to allow our athletes proper recovery time. They are:
- A two-week break over Christmas & NYE
- A three-week break after the summer triathlon season concludes (usually around April).
6. How do I arrange 1-1 coaching?
At GTC, we offer 1-1 private programming as well as other 1-1 services such as coach consultations and private swim training sessions.
To learn more about what is included in our 1-1 coaching packages, please click the link here for more info. (INSERT LINK TO 1-1 COACHING)
Alternatively, to have a discussion with a member of our coaching team over the phone, please email us at email@example.com to request a call back regarding 1-1 coaching.
7. Do I need to be a member of WaterMarc to train with GTC?
No, you do not need to be a member of Water Marc to train with GTC, however if you attend our swim training sessions at Water Marc or Aquarena and you are not a member, you will be required to be a casual fee of $4.
8. How do I book a training session with GTC?
Simply download our app ‘Glofox’ from your apps store. Select Greensborough Triathlon Club and book your class! Note: you will either need to be a member or on a free trial to book.
9. How do I order club singlets and other merchandise?
To order your GTC casual apparel and accessories, simply click on our store here to order your items: (LINK)
To order GTC custom 2xu Merchandise (such as tri singlets and tri suits)
10. Can I pause my membership if I go away?
Yes, you can pause your membership if you go away. To suspend your membership, please send an email to Greensborough Tri Club management at firstname.lastname@example.org with requested suspension dates.